Established October 2015, Folly Brewpub is the perfect place to gather. Stop in and feel like part of the family.
At its core, Folly Brewpub is a tight-knit team.. Owners Michelle and Luis run the bar and kitchen respectively, while brewers Chris and Christina brew the beer. We work together to create a comfortable place to come and enjoy tasty food, beer, whiskey, and company. Along with a knowledgeable serving staff and a talented kitchen crew Folly Brewpub also works with local producers and collaborates with other brewers to provide everything you could want in a brewpub.
Folly's focus is on food-friendly Belgian styles like saisons, sours and farmhouse ales. Though it currently has only 10 taps to showcase house beers like Inkhorn (a farmhouse bruin) and Imposter Syndrome (a farmhouse IPA), Folly also consciously highlights the talents of other small local breweries. Read More Now Magazine
You can support the growth of a brewery in your community and receive a share of beer every month? You’d be foolish not to consider it. Read More Dine.TO
The idea of opening a brewery was always exciting for us, but as the discussions with Habits became more serious it became impossible to think about anything that had as much potential as this. Read More Bartowel
...customers should expect beers that range between slightly sour, dry or have many of the fruity and floral notes yeast create during the warm style of fermentation they're using at Folly. Read More Post City
Folly Brewpub is currently looking for a brewer to join their brewing team. Having brewed more than one hundred different brands across four hundred + brewdays, Folly is looking for a versatile, passionate, and driven brewer to aid in all aspects of production. This is a full time position as a part of the Folly brewing team.
The ideal candidate has the following experience:
- Professional brewing experience or several years of attentive, focused homebrewing
- Confidence in recipe development and troubleshooting
- Experience with mixed fermentation and yeast laboratory work (cell counting/viability etc)
- Interest in barrel aging and fermentation
- Strong tasting background and off-flavour training
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/writing skills
- Familiarity with commercial brewery packaging and cleaning standards
- Ability to lift 55 lbs (25 kg) and strong safety consciousness
Folly is a small team and is looking for someone excited to work in the brewing industry. Hard work and flexibility are important, but passion is key above all. If you'd like to be part of a brewery that has been named in the top ten breweries in the province by the Ontario Craft Beer Guide, then this is your chance.
Please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Full- and part-time cooks:
If you’re looking to work in a small, friendly kitchen with fresh ingredients and daily guest interaction, this is the job for you!
**Please note that due to our hours, we are hiring only for evenings and weekends.
- Passion for food
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under guidance and independently
- Desire to constantly learn new things
- Ability to work a variety of evening and weekend shifts
- Ability to lift (up to) 50lbs at a time
- Attention to details (great and small!)
- Food Handler's Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Previous kitchen experience
- Understanding of inventory control